Data Privacy – General information regarding your rights as applicant
This document contains general information about your rights with regard to your personal data. More specific information can be found at www.swissport.com/privacy
We at Swissport (“Swissport”) take the privacy of your personal data very seriously. We process your personal data in accordance with the applicable statutory data protection requirements (in particular, where applicable, with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation issued by the European Union (GDPR)) for the purposes listed below.
Personal data, in the context of the data protection information presented here, includes all data with reference to your person. This covers in particular contractual data including your contact data, your data plus details on communication with you (“Personal Data”).
2 Information on the controller
The company shown on the job advert is responsible for processing your personal data (hiring company), we kindly ask you to refer to the job posting for further contact details such as company, address, phone/fax and e-mail.
3 Information on your rights
- to request confirmation from us as to whether your personal information is being processed; if this is the case, you are entitled to obtain details about such Personal Data, e.g. purposes of data processing, categories of data concerned and other details as specified in Art. 15 of the GDPR.
- to request that we correct your data; if it is deemed to be incorrect, inapplicable and/or incomplete. Such rectification of data also covers duties of completion through explanation or notification.
- to request that we delete your Personal Data without delay if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed or one of the other reasons specified in Art. 17 of the GDPR applies. Unfortunately, we may not delete data that is subject to a legal retention period. If you prefer that we never collect data from you or never contact you again in the future, we shall store such relevant contact details in a secured blacklist.
- to revoke any consent given by you with future effect and without any negative consequences for you.
- to request from us that processing be restricted if one of the prerequisites listed in Art. 18 of the GDPR applies.
- to object at any time to the processing of Personal Data relevant to you on grounds relating to your particular situation in the events mentioned in Art. 21 of the GDPR. We shall no longer process Personal Data in the event of an objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to do so, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or where such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 21 of the GDPR).
- to request, where you are entitled to receive your Personal Data from us based on Art. 20 of the GDPR, that the data be issued in a commonly used electronic and machine-readable format. This also applies to the direct issuance (if possible) of such data to another responsible party specified by you (Art. 20 of the GDPR).
- our data protection officer: email@example.com or by post (see information on the controller), or
- to assert claims vis-à-vis the supervisory authority in the member state of your place of stay, your place of work or the location where the alleged violation took place.
If you have any questions or comments on data protection (for example, with regard to information about/updating your personal data), please send them to the hiring company (see Information on the Controller provided above) using the keyword “Data Protection”. More information on this topic is available online at www.swissport.com/privacy.
4 Information on data processing
Before joining Swissport, your personal data shall be processed by us for the purpose of establishing a contractual relationship to the extent necessary and for some legitimate interests. After the respective purpose has been fulfilled, your data shall be deleted under observance of the statutory periods of retention. We do not use the personal data provided by you to make automated decisions relevant to you.
5 Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data includes in particular the following provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR):
- Art. 6 (1)(a) on the basis of consent given by you whereby, in principle, none is required in order to conclude a contract or proceed with an existing contract (e.g. if information is provided by you without necessity);
- Art. 6 (1)(b) to establish, execute and end a contractual relationship;
- Art. 6 (1)(c) to fulfil a legal obligation;
- Art. 6 (1)(f) to preserve a legitimate interest.
Our legitimate interests in this regard include e.g. the:
- Safeguarding of compliance with safety regulations, requirements, industry standards and contractual obligations, including fulfilment of security checks and access control of visitors;
- Establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Leveraging optimization potentials within the group by using shared tools and services.
- Avoidance of prejudice and/or liability of the company through corresponding measures.
6 Types of data processed by us
The following personal data is processed:
- Employee data: name, date of birth, CV, nationality/work permit, etc. for onboarding and offboarding management;
- Private contact data: address, telephone number, email (for the purpose of making contact);
- Identification/payment details: identity card details, place of birth, civil status, bank account data in case you file requests for expense settlement;
- Health data: e.g. in the context of statutory obligations as an employer, such as e.g. fulfilment of duties in the protection of the severely handicapped;
- Data in the context of staff screening: e.g. clearance certificate, reliability check;
- Other data in personnel management: ownership of driving licence.
7 Recipient categories
- Banking service providers in case of expense settlement;
- Recipients within the company or group based on “need to know”: in case we have a joint controllership with other companies of the group, you can request the basic contents of a respective agreement governing the responsibilities for data subjects right at any time at the contact provided in this document.
Data Privacy Agreement when using an Online Application Tool
Swissport International Ltd. (address: Flughofstrasse 55, 8152 Opfikon, Switzerland) and its parent company and their subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter “Swissport”) operate an Online Application Tool (“Online Application Tool”).
This policy covers any personal information you submit through our Online Application Tool as part of your job application or job search.
A. Basic Principles
- Personal data is constituted by all items of information about personal or material situations of a specific or identifiable natural person. For example, this includes your name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- We collect process and use your personal data only for recruitment purposes and in compliance with the applicable data protection legal provisions. Your personal data is not used for advertising purposes or passed on to third parties unless such action is required by law.
- If you provide us with references of other persons or any other third party information as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain such third party's consent prior to passing their contact information to us.
- The data that you submit through our Online Application Tool on our Careers website will be stored in the United States through Oracle America Inc., who is certified under the Safe Harbor Regulations. This service is provided to Swissport through its Swiss parent company which receives these services from Oracle America Inc.
B. Collection and Use of Personal Information Received from Candidates
- To complete a job application for Swissport, you must create a Candidate Profile through our Online Application Tool ("Candidate Profile"). Based on your consent as further detailed in section F below, this Candidate Profile record will basically be saved for the long term.
- You can update your Candidate Profile at any time and use it for all job applications submitted to Swissport via the Online Application Tool.
- Additionally, as long as you keep your Candidate Profile "activated", Swissport may provide you with information in the form of email alerts on job opportunities which match the qualifications stored in your Candidate Profile. If you do not wish to receive these email alerts you can modify or update your email notification options in "My Account Options."
- You can deactivate your Employment Profile at any time through "My Account Options." In this case you will no longer be considered for any Swissport job opportunities or receive information regarding future job opportunities. Furthermore, you can withdraw from a particular job application by selecting "withdraw." This action does not deactivate your account. If you permanently wish to delete your record, see section E (2).
- When creating your Candidate Profile, you will be requested to provide information voluntarily as part of the job application or job search process. This includes your name, contact information, password, C.V./resume, reference information and such other information as may be relevant and appropriate to our recruiting and employment processes and consistent with applicable laws. Mandatory fields, e.g. name, are marked with an (*).
- In order to save time, the Online Application Tool allows you to upload your C.V. which automatically populates the relevant fields in the Online Application Tool with the data from your C.V.
- Another option to easily populate the relevant fields of your Candidate Profile in the Online Application Tool is to use a connection to profiles you saved with Taleo, Google, LinkedIn or Xing. If you wish to do so, please use the relevant function within our Online Application Tool.
- Your Candidate Profile will be deleted from our database after 6 months of inactivity.
C. How will your personal data be used pursuant to your submission of a job application?
- The information that you submit as part of your job application will be accessed by members of Swissport's recruitment team and the relevant managers to process your application, to communicate with you and to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- In case your application for a particular job should be rejected by Swissport or withdrawn by you, Swissport will lock your personal data on this particular application for a period of six months and finally delete it after that period of time. However, this does not affect the existence of your Candidate Profile.
D. Cookies, links to other websites
- You may be able to access third party websites through links on our website; Swissport assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of third party providers.
E. Right to information, objection and revocation
- You have a right to information free of charge about your data stored by us and rights to correction, deactivation or deletion of the said data. You can revoke the consent you provided to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time.
- If you would like to request deletion of your profile or require further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
F. Your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by Swissport
In the course of registering your employment profile, you will be asked to provide us with your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by Swissport. By clicking "accept", you consent to the following:
"I consent to the collection and processing of my personal data in my Candidate Profile in accordance with Section B and C above. I further agree that my data will be stored in the United States as described in Section A (4) above. I may revoke my consent at any time."