The Swissport Profile
Swissport International Ltd. provides ground services for around 118 million passengers and 3.5 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 650 client-companies in the aviation sector. With its workforce of around 40,000 personnel, Swissport is active at 181 airports in 37 countries on five continents and generates consolidated operating revenue of CHF 1.9 billion.
Swissport has collected a number of awards in various categories:
- Ground Handling Award 2013 at the prestigious Cargo Airline of the Year Awards 2013.
- Air Cargo Handling Agent of the Year 2013 for the fifth year in succession at the World Air Cargo Awards 2013.
- Global Aviation Ground Services Company 2012 for the twelfth year in succession by the Institute for Transport Management.
The Swissport Mission:
To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor- made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience.
Our core values:
- People: We show respect towards our people and their values; we do not compromise on safety and work with enthusiasm and enjoyment.
- Professionalism: We are pioneers; working constantly on achieving sustainable results, we creatively explore new options and improved solutions.
- Partnership: Continually striving to exceed the expectations of our clients and our commitments, we deliver excellent service; in any place at any time.
Spectrum of Services
Swissport offers a full range of value-adding airport services to its customers, including:
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Aircraft Servicing and Cleaning
- Airport Aviation Security
- Catering Services
- Executive Aviation Handling
- Flight Operations and Crew Administration
- Load Control
- Operation of Airport Lounges
- Outsourcing and Global Packages
- Passenger and Baggage Handling
- Ramp Services
- Station Supervision and Administration
- Surface Transport of Passengers and Crews
- Unit Load Device Control and Management
- Freight Handling (On/Off Airport)
- Mail Handling
- Document Handling (Import/Export)
- Integrator Handling
- Cargo Handling in a Third Party Facility
- Freighter Ramp Services / Transportation
- Outsourced Hub Operations and Management
- Network Handling Services (Off-Line)
- Call Centre and Airline Customer Services
- Special Cargo Handling
- Trucking Services
- e-freight™ Services
Geographical scope of operations
Swissport currently operates in 37 countries.
Swissport is recognized as the benchmark in terms of value for money, customer dedication, and cost management. The company has established a global reputation for being a valued business partner, not only because of its financial resources and modern ground support equipment, but also due to its intangible assets, particularly management expertise and a brand name that stands for superior quality.
Achievements & Product Improvements
- More than 40 years of experience in Ground Handling
- Transparent Customer Quality Performance (web based)
- Cargo 2000 Compliant
- Full integrated Aviation Security Services
- S-PASS (Swissport Passenger Assessment Security Solution)
- High level of efficiency by user-friendly state-of-the-art IT Applications and infrastructures:
- Own Cargo Handling System "Cargospot"
- Hand-Held Terminals (HHT) in Ground Handling and Cargo Business
- Web-Check-in Platform (e-Services)
- Mobile Offices (with WLAN equipped cars)
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) and CLF
Swissport Customer Benefits
- Strong business fundamentals, with competitive pricing
- Innovation and Flexibility with top reliability and high quality levels
- Responsive and Direct Organization Structures
- Global leverage through Global Account Management
- Continuous growth in market share and diversification into Airport-Related Services
- Hub Management, Outsourcing Solutions and Frame Agreements
- Extensive Knowledge in Low Cost and no-frill Products and Services
- Customer Relationship Management