The twin pressures of increasing passenger numbers and reducing costs is leading the aviation industry towards technical solutions. It is a trend that ground handlers cannot ignore. At the forefront of this high-tech movement it is the IATA Simplifying the Business (Stb) campaign containing development in the following areas:
- E-Ticketing (ET)
- Common-Use-Self-Service (CUSS)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Bar-Coded boarding passes (BCBP)
Swissport together with its partner SITA INC also attends to develop web- and mobile check-in as well as CLF (Common Language Facility) solutions. Today, Swissport belongs to the pioneers in the trade and clearly wants to stay ahead of its competition.
Achievements and current projects of Swissport e-Services?
- Swissport manages Internet and Kiosk Check-In (C/I) application for SWISS and various other airlines
- 2 Million passengers used Swissport managed Self-Service applications
- Self Baggage tagging successfully operating in Switzerland for many years
- Currently working on Self-Service Lost & Found (L&F) for reporting lost baggage
- Own CUSS-C/I kiosks in New York JFK, Basel and Dar es Salaam
- Built up a lot of experience in the field of Biometrics Passenger Processing in in several trials conducted over the past years
- Active Member of IATA Simplifying Passenger Travel Interest Group (SPT IG) and IATA FastTravel