Swissport International Ltd. (address:Flughofstrasse 55, 8152 Opfikon, Switzerland) and its parent company and itsand their subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter “Swissport”) operate an Online Application Tool (“Online Application Tool”).
This policy covers any personal information you submit through our Online Application Tool as part of your job application or job search.
The protection of your personal data is a central concern of ours. In the following policy, we inform you of the nature, scope and purpose of collection, processing and use of your personal data. You can access these guidelines at any time on our website: http://www.swissport.com/privacy.
A. Basic Principles
- Personal data is constituted by all items of information about personal or material situations of a specific or identifiable natural person. For example, this includes your name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- We collect process and use your personal data only for recruitment purposes and in compliance with the applicable data protection legal provisions. Your personal data is not used for advertising purposes or passed on to third parties unless such action is required by law.
- If you provide us with references of other persons or any other third party information as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain such third party's consent prior to passing their contact information to us.
- The data that you submit through our Online Application Tool on our Careers website will be stored in the United States through Oracle America Inc., who is certified under the Safe Harbor Regulations. This service is provided to Swissport through its Swiss parent company which receives these services from Oracle America Inc.
B. Collection and Use of Personal Information Received from Candidates
- To complete a job application for Swissport, you must create a Candidate Profile through our Online Application Tool ("Candidate Profile"). Based on your consent as further detailed in section F below, this Candidate Profile record will basically be saved for the long term.
- You can update your Candidate Profile at any time and use it for all job applications submitted to Swissport via the Online Application Tool.
- Additionally, as long as you keep your Candidate Profile "activated", Swissport may provide you with information in the form of email alerts on job opportunities which match the qualifications stored in your Candidate Profile. If you do not wish to receive these email alerts you can modify or update your email notification options in "My Account Options."
- You can deactivate your Employment Profile at any time through "My Account Options." In this case you will no longer be considered for any Swissport job opportunities or receive information regarding future job opportunities. Furthermore, you can withdraw from a particular job application by selecting "withdraw." This action does not deactivate your account. If you permanently wish to delete your record, see section E (2).
- When creating your Candidate Profile you will be requested to provide information voluntarily as part of the job application or job search process. This includes your name, contact information, password, C.V./resume, reference information and such other information as may be relevant and appropriate to our recruiting and employment processes and consistent with applicable laws. Mandatory fields, e.g. name, are marked with an (*).
- In order to save time, the Online Application Tool allows you to upload your C.V. which automatically populates the relevant fields in the Online Application Tool with the data from your C.V.
- Another option to easily populate the relevant fields of your Candidate Profile in the Online Application Tool is to use a connection to profiles you saved with Taleo, Google, LinkedIn or Xing. If you wish to do so, please use the relevant function within our Online Application Tool.
- Your Candidate Profile will be deleted from our database after 24 months of inactivity.
C. How will your personal data be used pursuant to your submission of a job application?
- The information that you submit as part of your job application will be accessed by members of Swissport's recruitment team and the relevant managers to process your application, to communicate with you and to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- In case your application for a particular job should be rejected by Swissport or withdrawn by you, Swissport will lock your personal data on this particular application for a period of six months and finally delete it after that period of time. However, this does not affect the existence of your Candidate Profile.
D. Cookies, links to other websites
- You may be able to access third party websites through links on our website; Swissport assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of third party providers.
E. Right to information, objection and revocation
- You have a right to information free of charge about your data stored by us and rights to correction, deactivation or deletion of the said data. You can revoke the consent you provided to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time.
- If you would like to request deletion of your profile or require further information, please send an email to email@example.com
F. Your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by Swissport
In the course of registering your employment profile, you will be asked to provide us with your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by Swissport. By clicking "accept", you consent to the following:
"I consent to the collection and processing of my personal data in my Candidate Profile in accordance with Section B and C above. I further agree that my data will be stored in the United States as described in Section A (4) above. I may revoke my consent at any time."